May 31, 2012

Butch and Sundance

Photo

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid! Our new baby miniature goats!!! I <3 them already!!! Although, bottle feeding did NOT go well this evening... I guess we just have to let them get used to us. They baa-ed and nearly scared C&C to death! LOL

I didn't get much sewing done today. After our pastor stopped by to let us know he was bringing the goats today the kids went crazy, even the 3 older kids!!  Every 5 mins one of the little ones would ask how much longer. LOL So no school work got done and not much sewing! LOL

The Retro Butterick '56 is a bit complicated. At least to me!! LOL I have had to read and reread the directions to try to figure out what the heck they wanted me to do! ROFLOL! And I had to take the collar apart... SHEESH!! But I am bound and determined to finish it by Saturday! I need time to work on my last skirt for Crafterhours!!! And now there's Purse Palooza 2012!!!! And one of these weeks I would love to take part in one of the Sew Weekly Challenges! Sooooo much to sew, sooooo little time..... LOL Why, oh WHY did I wait so long to learn to sew??? Oh, yeah... The Hubby.... He thought I would sew my fingers together. And... well.... he wasn't far off... LOL Within 2 wks of starting to sew I managed to sew right through one of my fingers! YILES!!! Soooo much blood and soooo much pain!!! Needless to say I am MUCH more careful now! LOL

My sewing machine continues to be possessed... Anyone know a priest willing to work on machinery?? The light came back on for a few minutes today and then went right back out again. While the light was on the thread kept getting sucked back up into it again. SIGH.... Yep, it's possessed.

So here's a rundown of my FUTURE sewing projects.

Finish the Retro Butterick '56

A-line skirt - will post a tutorial

Petticoat - will post a tutorial

Purse - will post a tutorial

There's not much going on in our homeschooling now. We are pretty much all finished for the year except for the testing. But I will probably start my planning for next year soon and I will share some themes, units and ideas with you.

AWWW!!! Butch and Sundance are crying for their mommy!!! Poor, sweet, little fellas!! Fingers crossed that the bottle feeding goes well tomorrow!! Oh! And they are OK. They are eating and drinking regular goat stuff but weren't fully weaned yet. The bottle feeding is more less to help them bond with us which is very important since they are little boys and could be aggressive.

That's all for tonight! :) See you all tomorrow! Thanks for dropping by and please click to follow! :)




5 comments:

  1. Aww, they are so sweet!! I think you guys will have some fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely!!! They are soooo tiny!!! They aren't much bigger than Pammy or Bonnie! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Sew Many Ways FaFF...

    I'm impressed with how much you've done for a "newbie" sew-er!! Really. I guess I'm probably a "newbie" too... but I don't get too adventuresome. Then again, I find little time to actually sit in front of my machine. :) Good for you for jumping right in with both feet! :)

    The goats are adorable. Wish I could have a couple here in town... wait, maybe I could! (But hubby would kill me. LOL)

    Good luck with the possessed machine, and the cat that's out to get you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!! And thanks for stopping by!
    I love to try new things and I usually leap before I look. ;)
    I am now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!!! I hope you enjoy mine as much as I enjoyed yours!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)