May 30, 2012

Good Grief!!!! Retro Butterick '56 and Tutorials





Did you know that the skirt for this has 6 pieces??? 6!!! PIECES!! There has to be nearly 4 yrds of material just for the skirt!! LOL

Well, I guess you can see from the above photo that I have started sewing on this. I am only on step 4 and I have already had to take it apart once! LOL I thought I might have to again due to confusing instructions! GRR!! But then I realized that no, it was SUPPOSE to be that way....

And guess what.... My light went out in the sewing machine. AGAIN! I have smacked it a few times but that doesn't to be working this go around. I may have to try begging next.


OHH!! Look at THIS!! Sew Sweetness Purse Palooza 2012! Is that not cool?? I can't wait! I am definitely going to be following along. D wants me to make her a purse so this is PERFECT!!! I might even enter the contest! :)


Which reminds me... I am still going to do the Crafterhours Skirt Week. I just want to get the Retro Butterick '56 out of my system first! LOL


I thought I would show you some more pics of some of my past projects! :)




Here is a peasant blouse that I made for D. Let me see if I can find a tutorial somewhere for you. Here you go! It's for a child's peasant top but it can be easily adjusted for adults.

A peasant blouse from a man's dress shirt. Here's a tutorial for that.




That was the 2nd outfit that I made for myself. No pattern or tutorial. I just knew what I wanted and made it from my head. ;)




Book cover with handles!! I need to make more of those. I am thinking about giving them as Christmas presents. ;)



Well, that's it for tonight! See you all tomorrow if Pammy doesn't get me first! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)