July 27, 2012

Shorts for Charity, New Fabric and a Rainbow

I have 3 pairs of shorts for charity all finished and one pair for c2. :) YAY!! I will be finishing up 1 more pair for charity and one more pair for c2 tonight! :)





















I took a trip to Hancock's today since I was in the area... This is what I picked up for $20! ;)



I got 3 yards of this red jacquard! :) I used the yellow for the Retro Butterick  '56 5603.









I got a 1/2 yard of this AWESOME Steelers cotton to make a purse for FOOTBALL SEASON!! YAY!! Yes, I am a HUGE football fan! LOL And there was a purse that I was longing for last season. Now I can make my own and not pay $65! LOL









I <3 toile!! So when I saw this on sale I knew I had to grab a yard to make a purse or tote. :) Love yellow and blue together!









I found this in the remnants bin. It looked like just the thing to make d another bag. I got just over 1 1/2 yards for $2!



So that's the haul I got for $20. Not too shabby! ;)



And here is a picture of a rainbow we saw from our front yard this evening.









After I get the shorts finished up I am going to start cutting out the patter for this -



M6362

McCall's M6362. I think I'm still leaning toward madras.



Then after that I am planning to take on this -

V8812



Here is the fabric that I plan to use -





With a eyelet for the bolero! :) What do you think???







4 comments:

  1. Stacy, You have been busy.. Got all those shorts done...great job..
    Love your Hancock finds..[Isn't it so much fun, to find all this on sale..
    love it.].
    I love your fabric for the dress with the bolero.. I think that fabric will be
    beautiful with the eyelet..Can't wait to see it.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SOOOO much, Judy!!! :)
    Yep! I love being able to find the good deals! It's like Christmas! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Doesn't make a gorgeous combination???

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)