November 16, 2012

15 Day Blogger Challenge – Getting to Know the Blogger – Days 4 & 5

I decided to combine a couple of days here and there. I *think* my Dad and step-mother are coming to visit next week and I won't have much time to reallllllly get in deep with the topics. ;)

So for today's questions I have :



4. What type of student were you in school?

5. Who were your closest friends as a teenager?



Oh, boy... that first one.... Umm... OK.... LOL Well, in K-4th I was MUCH more interested in socializing. I got into SOOOOO much trouble for talking. Big surprise, huh?? LOL And like I said before, my cousin Amy was in all the same classes as I was in those grades as long as we were in the same school. I can remember actually throwing a fit once when I came back from Indiana and was put in a different class. That did NOT go well and the principal gave in and moved me to Amy's class. ;) I can remember having to "stand on the wall" for recess many, many, MANY times for talking. "Standing on the wall" meant that you stood with your back to the schoolyard and facing the wall and heard everyone else having fun during recess. It was the WORST punishment. I can remember after having a few days in a row of standing on the wall and coming home to say, "Well, if you've seen one wall, you've seen them all."

5th - 7th was a bit different. I ended up in a lot of advanced classes and did very well. Then I moved back to WV in 8th and all the advanced classes were full. I remember I had to take typing. OH MY GOSH! I was horrible!!!! And the teacher was sooooo mean!! I think that was the first time I had ever made a D.

In 9th grade I went into Honors classes. And then I bombed.... You see, I had discovered SKIPPING CLASS!!!!  Yep.... I was a truant! As long as I showed up to class I did pretty well. LOL But at this point I HATED school. AND I would much rather socialize..... LOL

So glad my kids don't read my blog...... LOL

And now I homeschool. ;)



Now, on to the friends question. My 3 biggest partners in crime were Tina, Traci and Nikki. Oh, my goodness, we got up to some T-R-O-U-B-L-E. LOL

I practically lived at Traci's house for a while and I literally lived at Tina's. Tina's mom, Momma Linda, threw my 16th Birthday party for me. I will never forget that. It was a blast!

I remember the first big dance of high school, the Snowball Dance. I was soooo nervous that I didn't eat a bite all day. Then my date stood me up. He was such a jerk. BUT I had a killer dress so I went along as a third wheel with Traci and her date. And before the night was over I ended up with my first ever concussion. We went to the ladies' room to smoke and I felt a little dizzy and sick to my stomach. Before I could call out to Tra to wait, I had passed out, hitting my head on the cinder block wall and again on the concrete floor. I scared Tra to death! She thought I was dead because my eyes were still open. She ran off to get the principal and by the time they got back I was already trying to stand up and figure out what the heck happened. The school called my mom and off to the ER I went.

Concerts and parties and hanging out at the mall (sometimes with day glow hair) and dances and trips to Camden Park. OH!! And the skating rink and dancing at River's End! Good, good times.

I miss my friends.



I have to take a little break from the challenge here and tell you what happened to me yesterday. Oh, boy!!! I was finishing up 2 days of working on a certain bookshelf when the whole thing fell on top of me! I was sitting in the floor in front of the shelf and took some books off to switch them out with a different set, when the whole thing leaned forward and landed smack on my whole body! I have 2 knots on my head, a purple bruise under one eye and several other bruises and scratches. The shelf is 5 ft tall and 6 ft long. I had it packed tight with the kids' science and history books and it was nailed to wall!!!! SIGH.... But if it had to happen I am glad that it happened to me and not one of the kids. All that work down the toilet. I took the rest of yesterday off from unpacking and I will probably do the same today. The dizziness and the aches and pains remain. AND I am in the middle of a HUGE fibro flare. SIGH.... Praying, praying, praying that it will go away soon!!!!! I still have so much to do!!! I feel like I will never get this house in order!



Don’t forget to check out some of the amazing bloggers that are taking part in this challenge! And stop by and give a little love to A Little Unhinged!!!!!

1. nick powers  11. Ginny @ Just Jist  2. Erica Bodker  12. Alittle Bit of This&That and Couponing  3. Alvina Castro  13. The Glamorous Life of a French Housewife  4. Ms. Morgan  14. Tami @ Thrift Shop Commando  5. Stacy Sews and Schools  15. My Morning Cup of Coffee  6. Laura Shimmerofpink  16. Trooppetrie  7. The Insomniac’s Dream  17. Life According to Lenetta  8. erica- bassgiraffe  18. The Sadder But Wiser Girl  9. Hanging Off The Wire  19. Yolanda Renee  10. Brooke Blogs




No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)