January 20, 2013

DinoROAR

DinoROAR 1

If you've been following my blog then you know I have been sewing along with Project Run & Play this season. It is SOOOO much fun!! I have been using up my stash and challenging myself. This outfit was by far the most challenging and I definitely made the mistakes to prove it! LOL BUT I think it still turned out well. ;) Colin LOVES it. He never asks to keep something on after pictures but this time he did. YAY!!!!!!

DinoROAR 2

I made 3 coordinating pieces - the denim shorts, the raglan tee and the vest. All 3 pieces have the dino print on them. ;)

It is SOOOO hard to get him to hold still and smile for the pictures! LOL He would rather be in motion.

DinoROAR 4

I printed out a dinosaur footprint to use as a guide in cutting the applique.

This is my very first raglan tee!! I found it to be very much like making a peasant blouse.

DinoROAR 3

Here are some more firsts!

First time working with denim (other than patching).

First time making inset pockets (without a pattern) and I think that next time I will cut the a bit bigger. They are functional but I think it would have looked better if more of the print was showing.

First time making a faux fly. That was soooo much easier than I thought it was going to be! LOL

I'll be linking this up at Project Run & Play tomorrow! Be sure to go check out all of the other boy looks!! :D

On Tuesday I will be putting up the tutorial!

I wonder if I can bribe him into letting me take more pics.... LOL





14 comments:

  1. I agree Stacy, PR&P has been so much fun. Glad you tried some new techniques. They don't seem so bad once we go ahead and try them. Also glad your son likes his new outfit. That dino print caught my eye because my daughter is so into dinosaurs right now. I never would have guessed that one. She would love this print. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!!
    I saw some really cute pink dino print somewhere but now I can't remember where!!! :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable.. will go to check it out on PR tomorrow.. Love the outfit and he is so cute..
    [Mama, be proud he let you get that photo. HA]. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU!!!
    So very true!! I was lucky to get a couple that weren't blurry! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dino print is so cute. How Colin has grown since the last picture I remember. Deep south must be agreeing with him. How you have grown as a sewer since I began following you. You are an inspration to any who are timid about stepping out and trying new things. I can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWW!!! Thank you SOOOO much, Regena!! You are too sweet!!
    He is growing like crazy! WAH!! My baby!!! I put a favorite pair of pjs on him the other day and his wrists and ankles were hanging out by quite a few inches! I guess that's why he has been continuously eating lately! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! You did a great job. I'd never have known it was your first time making the tee! It looks awesome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problem! I've been rolling around some ideas in my head, so I may be commissioning you very soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I can't believe this look includes so many "firsts"...it sure doesn't look like it! Especially those pockets. They look great!
    liZ

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. great job! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)