March 8, 2013

Secret Subject Swap - March - Take 1

Welcome to Take One of March’s Secret Subject Swaps. This week, 15 brave bloggers picked a secret subject for someone else and were assigned a secret subject to interpret in their own style. Today we are all simultaneously divulging our topics and submitting our posts.

Here are links to all the sites now featuring Secret Subject Swap posts.  Sit back, grab a cup, and check them all out. See you there:

http://www.BakingInATornado.com

http://chewylicious.wordpress.com/

http://smn0409.blogspot.com/

http://dinoheromommy.com/

http://www.justalittlenutty.com/

http://followmehome.shellybean.com

http://stacysewsandschools.wordpress.com/

http://lifeonthesonnyside.blogspot.com/

dates2diapers2.blogspot.com

http://www.tinystepsmommy.com

http://menopausalmother.blogspot.com/

www.amotherlife.com

http://sadderbutwiser.wordpress.com/

http://mybrainonkids.net/

http://hypnoticbard.blogspot.com/

My subject is: There is no such thing as a do-over, but let's pretend there is.  What is one thing you would do over and what would you do differently?  It was submitted by Sadder But Wiser Girl.  Here goes:

Just pick one thing???? YEESH!!! That's a tough one... ONE thing... I can think of MANY things that I would like to do over. Not that I would necessarily do anything differently. I think my choices, good AND bad, are what helped to make me the person I am today. The bad situations/choices only made me stronger. Without tears there can be no laughter. ;)

If I were to do ANYTHING over it would be just to relive those precious moments that are gone soooo quickly. I guess I would go back to the day that my oldest child, Jacob, was born. I would start there and live each and every day to its fullest. I would relive the births of all 5 of my kids over. I would redo those baby years, the toddler years and even they WHY years. Then I would fast forward back to THIS day!!!!! LOL I am not done with teen years yet and I think going through those once is DEFINITELY enough!! I pat myself on the back everyday knowing I managed to get THIS far, 19, 17, 16, 9 (this month) and 6 (this month). Yeah. That is what I would do. I can relive sleepless nights and clothes covered in spit up. I DO NOT want to relive the pod people years.



Yes, POD people. One day they are your sweet little angels and the next day it's like a pod person has taken over their bodies!!!! THAT is the teen years. I wouldn't want to even do MY teen years over again. BLECK!! No, thank you!!



I miss my babies being babies. I love my kids and I am proud of who they are growing into, I just wish that it could last longer. This whole leaving the nest thing is almost more than I can take! I may go around the bend when the last one leaves. THANKFULLY, I have 12 more years before that happens!



THAT is going to be ME!!!! LOL







Now, be sure to check out all the other blogs!! They are AMAZING!!!!!






25 comments:

  1. Every time I read a post about the dreaded teen years, I hug my toddler just a little bit tighter that day :) A nice reminder to cherish it...ALL of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one teenager, two elementary aged kids, and one toddler. I hate how fast everything moves. I wish I could just jump back to when each of them were babies. At least once in a while too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Or just be able to slow time down a bit every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As my teens get ready to head off to college, I find your piece so poignant. I so wish I could go back, relive their babyhood, toddler years, appreciate them more. The pod years, though, yup, I could do without those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss my babies being babies..." Me too, Stacy! I wish those years could have lasted longer. The smell of a new baby, watching them scoot in their diapers, having them not be ashamed that they need you...I love that you wouldn't change anything. It took me a long time to realize that everything I'd been through made me exactly who I am today. I love reading your swaps. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH, Michele!!!!
    It took me a while to get to that point, too. I used to dwell sooo much on what I "should" have done but one day I realized that doing that got me nowhere. I needed to embrace it all and realize that I learned from all of those should haves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. UGH! I have 4.5 years until my twins (yes, TWINS) are 13 and 9.5 years until my baby is a teen. And I'm not looking forward to it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post babe, I think you nailed it. I think all moms would like to go back and relive those moments. I wish I could physically remember how my son felt in my arms as a newborn. I am scared for when he is a teen though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOOD LUCK!!! I have 3 teens..... So far I'm making it through. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANK YOU!!!!
    It's definitely a scary thing. THE scariest!! Michael Meyers has nothing on teens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww.. Stacy, I love this!! I have 3 grown children out of the nest and one teenager still at home. I am so with you--I don't care to relive their teens OR mine! And I'm afraid to admit that I have turned into the lady in the cartoon pushing the dog in the stroller--that is me with my sweet little pug! It totally nauseates my kids when I call him my "little boy." See, that's what happens when they leave the nest, when you become menopausal!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm totally with you on reliving their births and baby years again!! *sigh* I'm kind of tensing myself up for the teen years! My tween (9 yr old) already has started with the attitude some times!
    Such cute pics to go with your post! Loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwwwww you could always have another one! LOL my friend has been talking about this non stop she just had a baby about 6 months ago and she's already sad her baby is growing too fast while I can't.....well...let's not talk about that...xoxox have a great weekend hun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I miss my precious toddlers. They were fun and happy years for me. I molded them and had well behaved little ones. This tween thing isn't as much fun.. So Much more independence and free thought and outside influence. And they don't want me around so much. I know its the way of things but still I miss their small hands in mine. Lovely post invoking long forgotten memories. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stacy, I totally enjoyed your post.. And can so relate to the wanting the clock to slow
    down a little.. Let us enjoy our babies a little longer.
    I have so many times told my hubby, that I wish I could go back and start over
    with out 2 kids, He ask me why? My response, I would be a better mama ..He was
    so sweet..he said,"What is so wrong with what you did? They both grew up [even though
    through the teen yrs we wondered?ha] and they are productive to society, they work and
    take care of thier families".. So, Yep...even though I messed up a bunch.. We did our
    job.. But ,oh how I miss those babies..
    Now...let me add to the story-------
    Those babies got us 5 of the most wonderful grandkids.. and now,I am watching them
    grow up toooooooooo fast.. Our youngest [the twins] are 8 yrs old. Now, I really want my
    grandbabies to go back ...Let me have a baby for awhile.hahaha
    Really cute photos ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Roshni!!!!
    Cailey will be 9 this month. So far she show no sign of becoming a pod person. SHEW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. NO WAY!! 5 is MORE than enough.... LOL I think Colin would loose his little mind if he wasn't the baby any more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Molley! Big HUGS to you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HUGS, Judy!!!!! Science needs to develop a way to go back in time!! Even if it's just for a little bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of the best parts of the Secret Subject Swap is seeing who got your prompt! You did a great job with mine and it's so true-my son is eight and I don't know where the time went. I want to make time stop with my daughter sometimes. Sometimes... I don't miss the baby stages so much, but just miss them just being little!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)