April 4, 2013

We Are Moving.... AGAIN!!!!





Yep. You read that correctly. We are moving, AGAIN!!!! But I can say that I am much happier about this move than I was the previous one. We are moving to the MOUNTAINS!!! YIPPPEEE!!! The Hubby is happy because we will be back in Tennessee. I am happy because we will be in the MOUNTAINS. Not to mention 3 hours closer to Jacob! We will only be 4 hours from my dad and my mother-in-law!

This time provides a different challenge, though. The job is set BUT we have no house!! We will be staying in a hotel until we can find a place. Now, I have been there and done that.... When we moved from Tennessee to Virginia (almost 7 years ago) we also had to stay in a hotel. OH MY GOSH!! 4 kids (this was before Colin was born) in 2 rooms (adjoining) for a month... I was going starkers by the end of it. The company there gave us 2 months to find a place... Yeah, there was NO WAY I was staying in a hotel with 4 kids for 2 months... The same goes today!! LOL

Not only will we have 4 kids in 2 rooms but 1 puppy, 3 cats and 10 kittens. Yes, you read that correctly. Pray for me, people! I'm obviously going to need it!!! LOL

A lot of people are shocked that we are moving again so soon. Well, if you check out the About Me button at the top, you will see that moving is NOTHING new to me! LOL I went to 11 different schools (not counting bouncing back and forth between the same schools)! I have lived in 6 different states! And I cannot possibly tell you how many times I have moved or how many houses I have lived in. LOL Yeah, I think I might have a bit of Gypsy in me. ;)

There's a story that my dad's family tells about how my grandpa came home one day to find the rest of the family had moved while he was work. Apparently a house that my grandma had been wanting came open that day. She didn't wait around and moved everyone while grandpa was at work! LOL My grandparents had 9 children.... No clue how many were at home at that time. LOL

Now the WHY of the move. This job here was not what we were lead to believe it would be... The Hubby has had one issue after another there.  The working hours were different than was he was told (they said 4/10s and he has been working 5 to 6/10s). His job description changed... He wasn't able to do the job he was hired for due to the hiring of a new manager than really had no experience with a millwork. :/ It's just been a nightmare for him to see what needs to be done but not be able to do it because of poor management.

Anyway, WISH US LUCK!!! :)







12 comments:

  1. It sounds like this move is going to be good for so many reasons. I hope it goes smoothly. Can't wait to see pics of the new house you find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen!!!!!
    Hopefully it won't take me long to find one!!! If it does I'll be too crazy to enjoy it! LOL It would need a padded room! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Stacy, I am so happy for you and the hubby. [Being in a place and being miserable..is no fun.. I have been there too.yucky!] .. I will be praying that you find a house REAL soon ,
    that the hubby's job, will be wonderful. and that you will like where you move.
    I have been worrying about you, I knew you were not too happy ,where you were.. [old mama's can tell, ha].
    And I am SHOUTING [can you hear me?] that you are 3 hours closer to Jacob.. Now.. of course that would make any mama happier...
    What about your furniture and packing?? Will you leave it there until you find a house, and then the movers come and do it? Hope so?? [Just had a thought of ALL those books and the falling bookshelf...sorry didn't mean to laugh..]
    Hugs , hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Stacy! You sound so much happier about this move than the last one! And maybe you will get to see Jacob more often, since he is closer! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! Thank you so much, Judy!!!
    We are doing the packing this time BUT the owner of the new company is renting Pods for us. They will be taken to Knoxville and stored for us there until we find a house.
    THANK YOU, again!!!!!
    I am definitely feeling better about this move! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU!!!! I am much happier.
    I think we were here for a reason even though none of us were very happy it about and now we can move on to a better (for us) place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that story about Grandma and Grandpa!!! Funny! I think you guys move more than us and we're military! Lol!! I hope everything goes smoothly and you enjoy the new place! Is there a Starbucks & a fabric store?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!!! Thanks!!
    YES!! Starbucks, Barnes & Noble and fabric stores!! Back to civilization!!! ROFLOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tennessee is no WV...but you are getting closer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're moving about the same distance from me as you are now... just west instead of south:) I hope the move goes smoothly!!!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)