June 9, 2013

EASY Stuffed Shark Toy Tutorial AND Pattern

Sharky Stuffed Toy 1

I wanted to make a stuffed shark out of that cute shark knit for Sewing to Rebuild,  BUT I was a little intimidated by the free patterns I found. SOOO many pieces!! They all looked very complicated. Seeing as how I am so new to sewing stuffed toys, I thought I would try my hand at making my own pattern and that is what I came up with. Only 4 pieces total and very simple. Easy peasy!! ;)

Click Shark Stuffed Toy Pattern 1 and Shark Stuffed Toy Pattern 2  for the pattern!! (Hopefully the PDF will pop up like it's supposed to...)

After you print, cut and tape your pattern these will be the steps to sewing.

STEP 1

Sharky Stuffed Toy 2

Cut your pieces. This is what they will look like.

STEP 2

Sew your fin together, right sides together, leaving the bottom open.

STEP 3

Sharky Stuffed Toy 3

Cut the slit for your fin.

STEP 4

Sharky Stuffed  Toy 6

Turn the fin right side out. Insert it into the slit in the top of the shark body. Pin it in place and very slowly sew the bottom of the fin to the sides of the slit in the shark.  The fin will be open for the stuffing.

You COULD stuff the fin and then sew it into the slit. Whichever is easier for you to do.

Sharky Stuffed  Toy 8

This is what it will look like when you are done.

STEP 6

Sharky Stuffed Toy 10

Pin the fin out of the way. Now, pin the shark body pieces with right sides together. Sew the pieces, making sure to leave an opening for the stuffing.

STEP 7

Sharky Stuffed Toy 13

Turn it right side out, stuff and sew the opening closed!! :)

Now you are all done!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharky Stuffed Toy 14

Let me know what you think!! Are the steps easy to follow??








15 comments:

  1. The steps are very easy to follow. Thanks :-) Izabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Thanks for the pattern! My son is really into fish right now so I think he might like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! I'm so glad you like it, Lisa!!! And I hope your son loves it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, looks super easy and I'm totally going to try it, but you haven't said what seam allowance you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry!!! I knew I was leaving something out. I believe it was 1/4".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, that's what I went with and it worked! My son loves it thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!!!! I am soooooo glad!!! YIPPPEE!
    Thank you so much for letting me know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these Stacy! Pinning to my Fluff board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wondering roughly how big this is when finished?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's about 12" long by 9" wide, pretty good size. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your easy project makes me want to make sharks!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)