May 1, 2014

Americana Peasant Dress



Here it is! My newest interpretation of the SquigglyTwigs Designs Pretty Peasant pattern!! (For some reason my virus protection won't let me enter her site anymore.)

I am loving the way it turned out! Cailey put it on for the pictures and refused to take it off again! A definite score for me! :)

Now she has something to match Colin's Stars and Stripes Shorts! :)





I really love that pattern. It's just one piece!!! The same piece for the bodice and sleeves! Then you get a walk-through to make it into a tunic, top or dress, long sleeves or short. 


With this one, I cut it at a size 10. For the sleeves, I added about 2" to the pattern. Then for the elastic casing, I added 2" of the contrast fabric. 

For the dress, I added 2 rows of patchwork squares at the bottom to make it longer. I only had 1 yard of the red, white and blue stars to work with. The blue with white stars was even less! LOL 

My 3rd time making this pattern and I am just as pleased with the results as I was the 1st time. 




HAVE FUN SEWING!!!!!




6 comments:

  1. Thank you! It's so pretty. As far as my site goes, I use avast and can't get in either......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie!
      I am crossing my fingers for you!! I know what you are going through. LOTS and LOTS of luck!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, how cute!!! (The dress AND the model!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!!!! :D
      She is in love with that dress! I hope it holds up through the summer! LOL

      Delete
  3. Stacy,
    This is adorable.. I just love the peasant dresses and tops.. So pretty . And Calilee looks beautiful in it..
    You need to post photo of both kids in their red/white/blue.. would be adorable..
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)