May 2, 2014

Our Week in Review - Plants




We got busy with our study of plants this week and had lots of fun!


Here are a few of the things we did. 





I was trying to think of something different to do for art this week. I was looking through craft books and scouring Pinterest. Then I glanced out the window and saw all the dandelions! Hmmm... They might work well as paintbrushes! Let's find out! LOL 
So Cailey, Colin and I went out to pick dandelions. 
I think they made excellent paintbrushes! ;)





We did the food coloring, water and celery experiment. I wish I had waited a few more days before I took the pics. The colors are really standing out now! 




I bought these cute little plant kits at Cracker Barrel a few weeks ago, Shamrock Steve and Butterfly Bush Beth. Only there was a problem.... Butterfly Bush Beth's seeds were missing. Not sure if they weren't in there to begin with or if they just disappeared after Cailey opened it while I was helping Colin.. Anyway, Cailey's now has African daisy seeds in it. 
I can't wait to see how they turn out!!


We also did the bean in a baggie experiment but nothing has happened yet....

We also started little books about our bean seeds. I stapled some paper together and had them draw on the front. Then they drew how their seed looked on day 1. 

A REALLLLLLY great book about seeds that we read this week is A Seed Is Sleepy by Dianna Huts Aston. It was fun and very informational. 


For our continuing pirate study we read You Wouldn't Want to Be a Pirate's Prisoner by John Malam and David Antram. Cailey and Colin LOOOOVE that series! 

Other than that we took it pretty easy this week. We only did math on 2 days! GASP!!!! ;)








4 comments:

  1. Love seeing all of your activities. I have to admit, though, when I fist saw that picture with the celery I was wondering why you were serving your kids Bloody Marys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROFLOL!!!! You know... they HAVE been acting crazy lately... Maybe I should check out their cups... LOL

      Delete
  2. I love the paintings! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eileen!!
      They had fun with it. Next week we might try a bunch of different kinds and see what happens. LOL

      Delete

I <3 comments!! Thank you so much for taking the time! :)